View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
We have two of those retractable leashes as well and have used them with all of our dogs. We also purchased the small instead of the tiny size for comfort. I attach it to their harness, and we're good to go!
I like the fact that I can choose how far they can walk ahead of me or beside me. For example, if they're on the grass where there are obviously no cars, I let it out to as long as it will go and we run together. The only thing you have to get used to (if you have only been using regular leashes) is the little button. I usually hold down the little button at the length that I want(I don't usually use the lock feature), and release the button as I see fit to let them go a little further.
Oh good - I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who bought this size for the comfort factor I did like the smaller one, and it would have been good for my babies because they are so small (especially Tatum) BUT - I just wouldn't of felt safe not being able to hold on to the handle with a full grip - and my hubby as well...I don't even think he would have been able to use the small one - handle was just way too tiny.

I did practice with it out in the backyard (I want to get used to it before I take them for walks with it on the sidewalk, near the streets) and I just LOVED it! I am so glad that I bought them. I will probably do the same as you and not use the lock feature on it a whole lot, but rather just press the button myself

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!