View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 01:26 PM   #36
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Princesa View Post
I think if you did get her groomed It would be easier to say, hey you need to keep this area shaved for sanitary purposes. Doing that would kind of clear the air and make speaking about changes a positive thing, not a negative. WHo knows maybe she will continue to keep in touch and come to you for more advice?

I think maybe the owners just don't really know what all the dog really requires in the way of nutrition and exercise. I really thought that Max being so small when I first got him, he wouldn't need to be walked or exercised other than running around the back yard and house. But I can see the difference in his weight just after being consistent with walking him for a couple of weeks now. (I did used to walk him when the weather was cooler and we didnt' have to be out by 5:30 am or could walk in the evening). And if they don't walk their dog, then it's no wonder she's not used to being on a leash. Max hated it when I first had him on the leash, and I felt really bad (altho he was a puppy). I think if you're just nice and considerate of their dignity and feelings, the people probably would want some help with the right information. They dont' have to go overboard, but I believe there's a lot of people out there with pets who love them, but just are unaware of a lot of things that are needed and available now. I mean, when I was little, didnt' everyone just get a dog and feed it and water it and play with it? I dont' remember anything about cleaning their teeth or taking them to the vet other than for their shots and if anything happened to them. There's probably a lot of people out there who are still in that time warp . Just don't be judgmental; pretend that you were doing it for your dog, so you thought it would be a "surprise" for them, and that you "noticed" while having whatever done, about the teeth thing. I'm sure there's people who have no idea that dogs teeth fall out due to not being cared for and not just old age! I think it was really thoughtful of you to take the dog in, and they must at least care enough that they found someone to take care of it instead of just leaving it home alone with a huge bowl of food and a big water jug or something
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!