View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #11
La Princesa
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassypup View Post
5. is completely overweight...she is Zoe's size, but weights 9lbs and Zoe weighs slightly over 5lbs....she is on diet food and we were told it's because their child gives too much treats which I don't believe that treats alone will make a dog overweight...must be another factor.
I disagree about the treats . When i got Ryo he was 10.something pounds. I can totally understand that if he ate too much out of the community bowl the Yorkies were fed from. He has a healthy appetite.

Now he is 8.1lbs. I was feeding him still too much . When i cut out treats all together and fed him 1/4 cup of food like he was supposed to have he dropped weight immediately. I treat him with maybe 10 more kibble per day instead of other treats. So yes treating alone coupled with too much food to begin with does cause them to be overweight and Ryon with his huge appetite is proof.

If the owner is nice I would maybe talk to her first. Other than that what can you do? too bad there isnt a Yorkies social services that makes people accountable in a healthy way for the care of thier pets.
La Princesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!