View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #9
catser2002
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I agree, you need to find something that your dog goes wild for. They are all different.

The one thing both of mine love is string cheese. I buy the light kind and cut it in slices and each slice into quarters so they just get a tiny bit at a time. That is their one reliable reward and what I mainly used for potty training. Now it is just a treat or training reward for at home practice.

I also give them little bits of boiled chicken breast. I always have that on hand since it is what two of my cats eat.

For training classes I usually use either Natural Balance rolls - cut into little bits (that is also what they usually get for dinner) or cut-up bits of Wellness jerky. Those are easier to transport. There are several varieties but mine only like beef or lamb and chicken.

Many others use things like cheerios or bits of fruit or veggies, but mine can take or leave those. And mine had no interest at all in the Gerber items or any of the other treats I've seen suggested.

They would love to have lunch meats, but I've been a bit leary of giving them too much of those. Although I have tried a couple lately that say they are minimally processed with no preservatives. Those are probably ok for them and better for us too.
catser2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!