View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #12
spr377
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanief View Post
If I have to hand feed, mine never like those darn bottles. It seems like the formula won't come out and if I put some extra holes in it comes out to fast. They make premie bottles for babies and I am trying to supplement a Frenchie pup right now. He wanted nothing to do with than nipple type either So I use a syringe with a tip on the end and SLOWLY give the formula. You can get a really small 1 cc syringe or a 3 cc syringe. You will want to feel the tummy to make sure it is full / firm. I don't think a eye dropper will get the job done to fill them up. I feed mine until they turn away from the syringe and their tummy feels full. Burp them too like a baby. There is a formula you could use with weight of pup and the amount of cc/ml per feeding but I couldn't find it as I write this. I will look again. Myself I don't think they would be ready for gruel drinking from a dish you could try I guess.
I don't think they are ready for gruel yet, either. They are starting to be awake a little longer for short periods of time. I have been feeding them with an eyedropper that has a bent tip. It seems to be working quite well. I have been feeding Nurturall C, which I got from the vet. They have been eating about 5 tsps. a feeding.....that is right on target according to the package directions. Thank you for your concern, I'll keep you posted!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!