View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Newman. Jst. Got Back From The Vet.

Hi all. We had Newman to the vet this morning (Sunday). After a long night of no sleep and long conversations with our doctor (Newman's Vet) we have decided to move forward. This morning they did a needle aspiration of the lymph node and a senior profile (Blood work). He is being scheduled for a chest x ray and for and ultra sound. If everything comes back clean we are going to procede to have his leg amputed and hope for the best. If anything at all looks dirty then we will keep him comfortable until the time comes for us to have him PTS. Our vet feels that Newman's odds are very good that with an amputation he will do well, however, he has stressed that these odds are based on the norm of this tumor whereas due to it's location and it being rare (Never Seen) there are unknowns and it could react badly in which case the surgery was useless. Thank you everyone for the support, nice notes, calls and SophieRose I'm sorry about your baby. I hadn't realized that you had just lost your little one recently. Please, continue to pray for good results all the way around. I just couldn't give up on him as he himself seems fine except for that foot. Thanks again. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!