View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 04:43 PM   #19
pinkfashionista
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggityJig View Post
I understand the Maltese/Yorkie mix....and the Yorkie/Chi mix....what is the desirability of a yorkie/bichon mix?

(and by the way, because of some of the posts in this thread about mixes, including my own, I want to add that I'm not at all asking this in a sarcastic or contentious way....just wondering, because I haven't heard, what traits one would hope for in mixing those two breeds. Rosie is indeed adorable!)
Thanks for saying she's adorable. And, to be honest... I am a little offended by the posts in this thread about mixes, not this one in particular... but others. I love Rosie... and she IS a mix. And, I have ABSOLUTELY no regrets in getting her. I don't judge others for getting purebreds... or for paying THOUSANDS of dollars for them. So, I think I should get that same respect, and not be judged for having a mix.

Originally, I couldn't decide between a yorkie and a maltese... and I wanted to find a breeder who bred both and knew a lot about both breeds. when I found Sharon, I noticed that she did the yorkie/maltese mixes... so I selected a puppy from the recent litter. But, after explaining what exactly I was looking for in a dog, she told me she thought the yorkie bichon mix would be better for me. Bichons are known for being well tempered, calm, good with kids, and also hypoallergenic. I wanted a very calm puppy... which she definitely was! Rosie is EXTREMELY timid (which can be a burden or a blessing!) Rosie's fur is more like the texture of a bichon, curly; but, her markings are that of a yorkie (she's frequently mistaken for a yorkie when we're out and about, and I also get the question, "Why don't her ears stand up?") I MAINLY got her because at the time I was living with an allergy sufferer and I wanted a puppy that wouldn't bother my roommate (which was the main reason I didn't stick with the yorkie/maltese mix... not hypoallergenic) When I moved back in with my parents, I got Jack... who is NOT hypoallergenic and who causes my ex-roommate to itch her eyes when she's around. It's so sad too because she LOVES Jack and he LOVES her.

Anyway, that's my story.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!