View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
Jad
Yorkie Yakker

Default Skin Problems completely gone. Thanks Coat Handler!!

About 6 1/2 weeks ago my five year old male Yorkie was diagnosed with a bacterial skin infection and an antibotic was prescribed. Symptoms: flaky crusty areas all over his skin, small pin head pimples and large sores that looked somewhat like ringworm on his abdomen. Believe me, when I say he was a mess! He took the antibotic for two weeks and I used a medicated shampoo on him and when the PX was gone he still had a problem. Not quite as bad as before the antibotic, but definitely not cleared up. At this point I was very frustrated and fortunely referred to a book entitled Yorkies Head to Tail by Sandra Lemire that I had on my bookshelf. In her book she goes into great detail to explain that the skin takes into the bloodstream any chemicals we put on it. And that these chemicals eventually form residue on a dog's skin. This residue is, in her opinion, what can cause hot spots and even infections. It is at this point that I discover that this is the lady who produces the Coat Handler products. End of story: I begin using Coat Handler shampoo (15 to 1) and conditioner. In addition to these products I order Skin Works which I apply 3 times a day to affected areas. I bath him once a week as she suggested and in about 2 weeks the dead skin cells begin to peel off like sunburn and 6 weeks later I have no problem at all. Jad
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!