View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #1
Emmsmom
YT 500 Club Member

Question Nasal Passage Blocked?

Has anyone had to deal with this? Once again my grandmother's Yorkie is sick. He has really been through the ringer. He now has a cold or either something blocking the right side of his nose. He is on meds and will blow nasty stuff out of his nose but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. The vet even checked for a tumor of some kind and she ruled that out. Next the vet used some kind of instrument to look up his nose and saw nothing. Same goes for the x-rays. She didn't see a thing up there. NOW she is telling my grandmother that she will have to take him to another vet about 100 miles away so the can use a smaller instrument to look up his nose again. I don't know what to think.

He is 3 years old and has a TON of illnesses. I have to wonder if any of it is due to poor breeding. They never saw his mom or dad or this brothers/sisters. The breeder just brought him out for them to see. She never questioned it. He reminds me of a redlegged Yorkie. His ears and the tip of his nose almost look like he has leather ear. The pigment on his nose and his eyelids is black but with white spots. He is 100% Yorkie there is no doubt. He just doesn't have the best genes I guess you could say. I just wonder if any of this has anything to do with all of his illnesses. My grandmother loves him to pieces and he is pampered beyond belief! So to her he is perfect in everyway.

Any thoughts?

</IMG>
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!