View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #11
ARCHIE
No Longer A Member

Animal Smiley 049

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
I was a Yorkie groomer..anyone find it hard to believe there was a need for a groomer who only did ONE breeder? LOL and I groomed 5 days per week for many years...I had what I referred to as a "Yorkie Spa"...they got the full treatment and people wanted it!!

I have been bitten..it was always for a reason, stresssed, scared,
nervous, high strung and one who may not have been treated well before the new owner got it. I would tell the owner the York did not like grooming, but that was my job and we always worked it out..I saw no need to point out every nip I got...the dog did not bite out of meanness..just fear or stress...it took time to become friends.

Sometimes it took a few months for them to learn to trust me, but they all finally did..Yorks know who has their back...

The only reason I did not like the owner staying, was the fact they are like children and act up in front of mom...get them alone and we had a nice visit..if they were stressed from the car ride, I could let them play in the playyard for 30 mins or take them for a walk to settle down...most owners would be so upset that their York bit me that I kept it to myself knowing in a few months it would be a thing of the past..and always was...

Truthfully, most of my bites came from stud service bitches...and she was always trying to bite the male, not me, but I would put up my hand to protect him and I got the teeth...muzzles can be a necessity with "bitchy" bitches...JMO...

Pat, thank you for telling me that. I know there are many reasons
for a dog biting but when it's your own and you are a responsible owner
it causes much concern. I do trust her but her business is a very
busy one, who's in the tub, who's barking on the table or barking
from a crate. Auntie Jane does all her own grooming and is very
professional and has been in the business for 14yrs. I have only been
there twice having just found her. I am very glad she will allow me to
stay while he is muzzled. I don't think I will allow him to see me but be
there in case he is stressed. We'll see how it goes. Everyone wants the
perfect well behaved kids and well behaved dogs all the time.
I guess that's just dreaming.
ARCHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!