View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 AM   #10
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default groomer

I was a Yorkie groomer..anyone find it hard to believe there was a need for a groomer who only did ONE breeder? LOL and I groomed 5 days per week for many years...I had what I referred to as a "Yorkie Spa"...they got the full treatment and people wanted it!!

I have been bitten..it was always for a reason, stresssed, scared,
nervous, high strung and one who may not have been treated well before the new owner got it. I would tell the owner the York did not like grooming, but that was my job and we always worked it out..I saw no need to point out every nip I got...the dog did not bite out of meanness..just fear or stress...it took time to become friends.

Sometimes it took a few months for them to learn to trust me, but they all finally did..Yorks know who has their back...

The only reason I did not like the owner staying, was the fact they are like children and act up in front of mom...get them alone and we had a nice visit..if they were stressed from the car ride, I could let them play in the playyard for 30 mins or take them for a walk to settle down...most owners would be so upset that their York bit me that I kept it to myself knowing in a few months it would be a thing of the past..and always was...

Truthfully, most of my bites came from stud service bitches...and she was always trying to bite the male, not me, but I would put up my hand to protect him and I got the teeth...muzzles can be a necessity with "bitchy" bitches...JMO...
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!