View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #23
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgurl06 View Post
im just asking a question because skoshi is super light too like ceeby. but would you consider that bettering the breed since they are so light? and its not really standard color? now dont take this wrong in anyway i was just wondering since your a breeder. to me her marcel looks like a great canidate to better the breed
i don't take it wrong. No, ceeby is not in the standard color for SHOW dogs. but, he is darker than his picture looks. his back is actually almost charcoal Did you know that some show people dye their yorkies for the show ring? i didn't until a well known show breeder on here recently told me that when I questioned the color of her show dogs who are light like Ceeby. did you also know that show people perfer a little longer leg and a longer neck than what we see on here. It makes them look very regal in the full coats. As far as bettering the breed, My dogs have raised the bar on breeding pet quality dogs in my area. when I started, I bought dogs that were from show kennels. people on YT that have been here to my home love my adult dogs. They almost to a person have said their pictures don't do them justice. So i take no offense at your question because i know what I have but you probably have opened a can of worms from other people that will jump in on this.. if I were to show you some pictures of the yorkies I looked at before i bought, you would die to think people are even breeding such dogs. they look nothing like yorkies are supposed to look. i almost bought one before I bought Ceeby because I didn't know any better. I even had one local breeder tell me that she didn't think males ears are supposed to stand because she had never seen a male with erect ears. this was a person that has been breeding for many years.
Let's remember this is Marcel's thread. and he is one little gorgeous dog.

Last edited by Sugar's Mom; 08-02-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!