Old 08-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
HighlandYorkies
DEBRA'S DORKY YORKIES4
Donating Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriamha View Post
I went back to work two days ago I work from 8:30 till 5

I get up early in the morning 5:45 and I take Royce for a 45 minutes walk, then at 8:10 I leave home to go to work . At midday I go back home and spend half an hour with him then when I go back home at 5 we go for another walk for about 1 hour . Do you thing going at lunch time to spend about 30 minutes with Royce does make a difference for him ? ( I didnt take him for his 15 minutes walk because its very very hot for the last couple of days ) .

Thanks
You are definitely doing the right thing here - I wish more owners would do this rather than take on a dog and then leave it for hours on end !
Even if it's too hot for a walk, just letting your dog out to relieve itself is a kindness after 4 hours - and spending those precious minutes with him will relieve the lonliness and boredom.
As a rule, I never leave my Yorkies more than 3 hours if I have to go out, and cannot take them with me. They are tiny at 4lbs, and I feel that is long enough for tiny bladders to have to wait, plus they are so attatched to me I do not want them fretting !
You will never have your dog doing accidents, and he won't get anxiety problems either.
I know it must be hard, but I would continue to do this - you are doing the right thing for your dog, and he must be so glad to see you !
WELL DONE !

......Debra x x x x
pic....my three !
Attached Thumbnails
Work Schedule-p4020190.jpg  

Last edited by HighlandYorkies; 08-02-2007 at 04:03 PM.
HighlandYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!