View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #9
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
I would have him neutered once he is a little older and a little bigger. An intect dog is hard enough to not have them marking all over the house, they start breeding and it becomes almost impossible. He will move from being your pet to looking for girls.
He is an adorable pet but in considering whether to go into breeding with either a male or female, the other question you have to ask yourself is will this dog you have have the potential to improve the breed? Breeding to 'just have puppies' is not the right reason.
And yes, as someone else suggested, you are not going to have reputable breeders approaching you. I don't think you would be too willing to add to that scenario.
This is so true. My girlfriend was waiting to get both her guy and gal done up at the vet. Unfortunately, due to finance issues and stupidity on their part they mated. She brought him over two nights ago and he ran around marking every damn thing in the way..thankfully we were out in my yard. Then he set his sights on Lulu (who happens to be his sister and littermate). There was constant humping going on. Jeeze I can see how bad it will get. I was told by the breeder that I had gotten my male from a long time ago that once you stud them out their mentality becomes that of a breeding dog and not just a loveable pet. Good luck with your decision.

Lulu sends hugs to Big M. She also said to tell him that while she is up and available for long walks on the beach she is not looking to start a family She feels he is a stud muffin even if he loses his two manly bits.

Last edited by Bizzymammabee; 08-02-2007 at 09:10 AM.
Bizzymammabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!