View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #5
lisatodd
Little Boogers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine View Post
I would have him neutered once he is a little older and a little bigger. An intect dog is hard enough to not have them marking all over the house, they start breeding and it becomes almost impossible. He will move from being your pet to looking for girls.
He is an adorable pet but in considering whether to go into breeding with either a male or female, the other question you have to ask yourself is will this dog you have have the potential to improve the breed? Breeding to 'just have puppies' is not the right reason.
And yes, as someone else suggested, you are not going to have reputable breeders approaching you. I don't think you would be too willing to add to that scenario.
this is so true. i would also like to add that if he is a pet, he will not (in so many words) be a pet any longer. he will be a working dog. the marking is never ending. mine started running away and would not listen to me anymore. it was awful. i had to rehome him. if you want a stud dog, then that is what you will have after you stud him out.
also people will come to you that have the most unstandard yorkies for you to stud to because no one else will do it.
lastly, the contract......what happens if there are no puppies? or the bitch dies during the whelping?, or the babies are deformed? the owner of the bitch will blame you for everything. you have to make sure you have everything in writing. believe me, if anything goes wrong, the stud owner is always being blamed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!