View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 04:46 PM   #8
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie3 View Post
I took my Mom in for a T.E.E. procedure, where they stick a camera down her throat to look at the backside of her heart. She does NOT have an infection which we were hoping it would be (only because it's easier to treat with anitbiotics.) It seems she had a light heart attack and didn't know it. It caused part of the bracket on the side of the valve in her heart (holding it in place) to break away for the wall of the heart. The Dr. that did the procedure will read it more this afternoon and evening and then send the results to her heart Dr. It really looks like she will have to have heart surgery to repair the damage.

They are still treating her with shots so that the kidneys will tell the bone marrow to make more blood cells since she's not really losing blood, just not making enough. AND her kidneys are functioning at 27%. My mother is 84 years young. It really doesn't sound good, but we'll know more and understand it all better when we see her heart Dr. on the 13th.

Hubby has his back surgery the 9th, in the hospital approx. 3 days and then off work for 3 months (Heaven help me), school starts the 13th and I also take Mom on the 13th to her heart Dr.

I hope I have the strength to get through all this. Right now my nerves are a mess. The crying I've been doing has helped relieve some of the tension, but I think it's going to get a little rougher before it gets better.

Oh Janet! I am so sorry to hear all this! I hope and pray all goes well for your Mom and hubby. Sounds like you have alot of your plate right now...They say God doesn't give us more than we can handle...

to you Janet
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!