Thread: Bowel problems
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Little Bit
Tiny Dog Big Heart
Donating Member

Default Bowel problems

Hi, when my girl had a C section she was put on antibiotics as a preventative. She did fine no infections, etc. After ten days I stopped the antibiotics (per the vet's instructions). I have noticed that since stopping (she was fine while on the antibiotics) she is VERY gassy and has very soft foul smelling stools? Do you think it is related to the antibiotics. I wonder if I should put her back on the antibiotic (clavamox) or if it is totally not related. Could it be the cottage cheese and yogurt supplements she is getting? But when I omitted the cottage cheese and/or yogurt for a couple of days it didn't seem to make any difference.

She is 2 1/2 weeks post delivery now. I gave her some pumpkin today to see if that would firm up her stools any. I do have some Albon, from previously, also that pink clay solution, but don't know if that is safe for the pups while she is nursing.

My vet is out of town for a month. Of course if she acts like she is feeling unwell I will find another one to take her to. Other than the stools she acts fine.

If anyone has any ideas I would be glad to hear them.

Last edited by Little Bit; 08-01-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Little Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!