View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #5
gqgrammy
Yorkie Yakker

Omg Actually due August 16th - not the 23rd!

Fortunately this was a "family affair" (although the mom & dad not blood-related). Oliver is my yorkie - he was exactly one week shy of being 9 months old when he lost his virginity AND took Twinkles virginity (she wasalmost 19 months old). He is smaller than she is, although when my daughter got her, she thought she was getting a teacup, but ahe actually grew to about 5 lbs which I am happy about, because Olliver is about 4 lbs. We have a second appointment with the dcotor tomorrow - first to get Ollie his reop exam to be neutered (I know, locking the barn door after the horse is stolen) and also becasue after all I have learned from reading this forum, I went back and recalculated, and Twinkles is actually due August 16th, not the 23rd, as I orginally thought. So I want to get her x-rayed and checked out by her regular vet. She saw the vet on-call last week. (I also want to get the lecture from the vet over with, as she is going to have a lot to say because Twinkles hadn't been spade before this......)

This forum is wonderful and thanks to everyone who is giving me informatiojn. Now, does anyone live near West Hills, CA and want to come over and help me? I am a former labor and deliverey nurse, but it has been 20 years since I practiced nursing. And the last set of puppies I helped whelp was labs - and that was 40 years ago. I am scared to death that something will happen to my precious Twinkles, who is the sweeetest natured yorkie ever. She is better than any child I ever raised (LOL)

Thanks Lynn. Keep in touch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
If you do not know the background of both dogs, I would get an ex-ray of the mom about 1 week before due date. Have the vet measure the skulls of the puppies in the film and measure the width of the pelvis of the mom to make sure she can deliver them naturally. If not, schedule a c-section. I would be getting supplies ready too: welping box. towels, heat lamp. heating pad, scissors, gause pads, hemostats, alcohol, iodine, nutrical, x-pens, and the list goes on. Read lost of books too. Lynn(also)LOL
gqgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!