Thread: Choices
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:36 AM   #4
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

These kind of stories tend to make a person stop and reflect on our own lives and the impact we make in the lives we touch....sometimes we need a little reminder on how caring and doing for others is what really makes a difference in our own lives also...I get so tired of hearing people say. "Well if it makes YOU happy then do it"...as if being happy is alls that's required to make our decisions.....there's so much more to it than that, like how it effects other people....I found this statement revealing....
The purpose in our lives is not to be "happy". The purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible,to be compassionate. It is above all to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all....
When a human being acts, it's always a moral issue: right or wrong, noble or cowardly, compassionate or selfish.As this story demonstrates doing for others is what counts to live in a civil and humane world....
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!