View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
gqgrammy
Yorkie Yakker

Default SOS - Yorkie pregnant and due 8/25

Hi, my name is Lynn and I am Grammy to Yorkie Twinkles (almost 2) and Mommy to Yorkie Oliver (11 months). I am new to the group and desperate for information, as we just found out that Twinkles is pregnant and due 8/25. She will have an x-ray around 8/14 to see how many. She gained 3/4 of a lb from 5/23 (5'1") to 7/27 (5'14.75"). And seems to get bigger every day!

Background: Twinkles was my daughter's dog and I was her nanny. She was supposed to be a 'teacup,' but weighs about 5 lbs. (pre-pregnancy). I missed Twinkles so much at night and on weekends, when went home to her parents, I decided to get my own Yorkie -- enter Sir Oliver Twisted AKA Oliver or Ollie (a toy) who arrived at our house around Thanksgiving. Twinkles thought he was the latest gift I brought home for her and promptly took over, raising him "her way." Ollie weighs about 4 pounds now and desperately needs doggie-bootcamp!

And my daughter? She had another baby in December and Twinks became mine.

This pregnancy wasn't planned. I was very careful to keep Twinkles and Oliver apart and she wore her "denim pants" all the time. However, I obviously was not careful enough. The reason Twinkles wasn't spade is because she was my daughter's dog... and only became mine recently. Oliver comes from Championship Blood lines, and while I didn't get him to breed (as I know nothing about breeding) I did give some thought on whether there could be any impact on the breed to not continue his bloodline. I didn't know what anything about breeding.... which told me to stay away. Well, someone had another plan..... so HELP!

My SOS - I have no clue what to do to get ready for the pregnancy. I am looking for guidance, resources and information.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Lynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Twinkles & Oliver.jpg (43.8 KB, 87 views)
gqgrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!