View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
milesmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Has anyone ever had this experience?

My Yorkie Miles was neutered last Friday, so he has been through a lot these past few days. He kept going after the stitches, so he has had to wear a doggie diaper since Saturday. Last night my husband took Miles out right before bed. Miles went to his "usual spot" to pee and my husband said then he started rolling in the grass. My husband could not see anything in the grass. On the way back into the house, Miles suddenly growled and "attacked" my husband. He jumped up and grabbed my husband's pant leg and would not let go (he was literally hanging off the pants). My husband grabbed the leash and pulled on him and he was still hanging onto his pants and would not let go even though my husband had him suspended from the leash (wearing a harness), and he was growling the whole time. Finally my husband pulled him off, and then Miles was fine, and acted normal, just like that. When he came into the house I could not tell anything was wrong with him, but my husband's pant leg was slightly torn, so he was not exaggerating.

I am very concerned at this sudden sign of agression. Normally he is the most loveable little boy, though recently he growled and nipped at the pant cuff of a friend who was in the house (that is why we moved his neutering appointment up), but at that time I think he was protecting me. He is on pain medicine (finished his last dose last night) and I am wondering if that may have caused his agression in some way (e.g. he hallucinated or something).The other theory I have is that there was something in the grass that made him go temporarily nuts.

Has anyone ever heard of anything similar, or has anyone had a similar experience?

Though he is under 4 lbs., he could have done some damage if my husband was wearing shorts instead of long pants, and I am afraid that he could do this again, with a stranger, or much worse, a child, so for now we are going to keep all children away from him until we are sure this is an isolated incident.
milesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!