View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
Okay, I'm kinda in shock right now. I'm so angry. I'm babysitting my friend's 2 yr old little girl & 10 yr old son. They've been here about 1 hour and I just happened to be out of the room for one minute - I was in the kitchen which is open into the living room where Sugar was laying. I walked back into the lr & the little girl was saying, "I kick Sugar" and I saw that she was kicking Sugar in the head over & over. Luckily she was doing it gently, but still, I couldn't believe it! I put her in time out, I don't know that she's ever been in time out before, and she was not happy. She tried to kick me so I held her in my lap while she was in time out. I let her out after about 1 minute and told her she had to tell Sugar that she was sorry. She threw a fit & refused. I tried for a while & she wouldn't do it so it was back to time out again. I kept calmly explaining that we don't hit, kick, or bite in this house and that includes the animals. She's tried to hit & bite my 5 yr old daughter before when she didn't get her way. Anyway, she finally, grudgingly, said that she was sorry. Sugar sat & watched all of this happening just like she was waiting for an apology. After all that I asked her brother if she kicks their cat and he said that she's very mean to their cat. This is just unbelievable because the older 2 kids are very well behaved & weren't allowed to misbehave when they were little. This little girl was a surprise & she's 8 yrs younger than one & 10 yrs younger than the oldest. I'm just hoping that this doesn't turn Sugar against kids. She has the sweetest disposition & she loves everyone. I'm trying to keep her right at my side now but she wants to go check on the kids. I think she thinks she's missing out on the fun. Has anyone else had this happen before? Any suggestions to help make sure Sugar doesn't take this too personally? I had both of my girls give Sugar a big hug so that she'll know they felt sorry for her. Sorry for the long post, I'm just so frustrated I could scream! Hopefully the next 2 1/2 hours fly by!
OOOH jeeze. Hopefully Sugar won't be affected by it. Thankfully she was small and didn't have the strength to make it a hard kick. I think Sugar is ok seeing as she was still concerned with the kids and not shying away from them.

I think your friend might be a bit slacking with her discipline because she is a baby and probably her only girl. She better tighten up the reigns because that is only going to get worse. The terrible twos are kicking in and if she doesn't watch that and set some rules that child will be a monster.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!