View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 05:16 AM   #7
yorkiemomiee
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile

I once new a lady that refused to put a harness on her yorkie, it was quite a few years ago before most people understood how important it was to use a harness on yorkies because of their throats. She said she would never use it because her precious dog hated it and preffered the collar. Well for years the dog seemed fine and unaffected by using the collar. But as the dog got older I noticed that it spent alot of time coughing, hacking and weezing like it had asthma. It got to the point that even when it was just sitting on the stoop with noone bothering her she would bust out in a fit of struggled breathing/coughing and hacking.
Eventually the dog died of a collapsed tracea. She was only like 10 years old. Gigi was a good dog and I think she woulda lived longer if her owner my aunt would have done the right thing. I guess what I'm trying to say is the best bet is to try and find a harness that will work, after a few years of use they get used to it. My mom's westie was the same way now he goes nuts when he sees the harness because he knows it's time to go out and do his business.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!