View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
JOYJEEP50
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Patella Luxation

I did get a letter from the Vet and says its hereditary. Only the owner says its not from his dogs. The guarantee I got is a doozy.

it states: 1 yr health guarantee. Must be a written vet. notification on cause of health problem, to be able to give client a complete replacement or assistance. NO GURANTEE for potential slip joints or death to neglect on part of the buyer. NO GURANTEE notification hip dysplasia , thickness of coat and color.
Patella Luxation isn't from neglect of the buyer, is it not? The closing goes on to say :
I, ************** give you a healthy , clean and well fed pet. Care and recommendations have been reviewed and by which means all responsibilities by the buyer are excluded. This includes any illness or problems they may arise after a 3 day term and or trial from the date of purchase. the buyer should have the dog checked by a Vet and notify the seller within the 72 hrs if buyer desires to return the dog.

I guess he has me there, most problems , if any, aren't detected until a few months later. Theres no way you can detect the potential health problems within 3 days , right?
I did my home work before buying a yorkie and knew of the hip dysplasia and of Patella Luxation and even Tracheal collapse. . I didn't think that there were sellers out there that would sell puppies with these conditions. Even if some didn't know of the the puppies having the chance of having these conditions they should have their puppies checked if a buyer came back with these findings and proof from a vet. stating his dogs are passing on the genes and take responsibility. Please see the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals. They have a database just for Patella Luxation and applications too. I think this is a very good idea and wish every breeder would do this.

I'm so heart broken over this I wanted to breed him and the seller knew this, now I can't .. I won't be a part of this breeders chain of selling puppies with any kind of abnormities, so my baby "Jimathy Wendel Shewach" will be neutered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jimathy.jpg (174.1 KB, 11 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!