Thread: The baby's room
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Love The baby's room

I just have to share this. We are so excited about the baby that we are already getting started on the baby room. We dont have a lot of money for the room since none of this was planned so we are going are trying to make all of our own decorations but I think this is going to be awesome.
We are going to an aquatic/mermaid theme since its a girl and my hubby started painting the room for me this weekend and I already ordered the most gorgeous mermaid fabric to make the bedding, window treats, etc. The room was baby blue (would have been perfect for a boy but thats okay, I love new colors on the wall ) but we decided to go with blue green color and you can see it in the background of the pics below. This weekend I painted this Mermaid painting (the mermaid in the painting matches the fabric I bought) and it will be the first of 3 similar paintings to go on the wall hopefully above the crib when we get it. What do you think? I usually dont ever do "cutesy" type paintings so this was sort of hard for me. I used ground up pumice granulars when I painted the sand so its actually feels like real sand and you cant really tell from the pics but I used a lot of paint and and molding paste in this painting so it has a lot of texture which makes it really fun to look at

I cant wait to get my mermaid fabric in!!! This is sooo exciting!!

Its kind of hard finding mermaid stuff that is non-Disney so if anyone happens to see anything at a store or online, please let me know. So far Ive been looking on ebay for stuff and thats where I found my fabric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mermaid.jpg (33.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg mermaid-face.jpg (35.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg sand.jpg (25.7 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Shanatink; 07-30-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Shanatink is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!