View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #12
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Default top line

The last photo on the right in your first post is the best photo of the problem...she is very down in the shoulders.

I would wait 12 full months and if it looks the same I do one of two things, you have to decide your options... This is a structure fault that may not correct..I had a bitch do exactly as yours, but hers correct by 12 months..did not see it in her pups, in fact one was finished and used quite frequently at stud..did not see the problem.

You have two choices...spay and place or breed her correctly...

I know you are discouraged, but a structure fault is so hard to correct once it is set into the line..coat, color, size can be correctly far more easily...
She is lovely otherwise...You could try a superior stud from a line known for excellent structure ..I would never keep a male from her, but you could keep a bitch puppy from her ...(keep the best bitch with good top line of course)... and go back to the superior line for another linebred stud to compliment that puppy bitch...spay the original bitch (one you have now) and place her...

Since you will be outcrossing to hopefully get a nice puppy bitch, you will need to linebreed back to the studs line with her puppy bitch also, to set a top line...OF course, this is all my opinion..and others will have theirs..some feel it is not worth trying and if you have lots of other options to get a new potential it may not be..but some can not find any decent breed potentials anywhere, I do not know you area...a lot depends on how much space you have and time to devote to keeping her and her pups to see if the breeding worked..

Last edited by YorkieRose; 07-30-2007 at 08:10 AM.
YorkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!