Thread: First Timer!
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:04 AM   #8
jeanief
YT Addict

Most breeders already have their males so, you would be dealing with random people coming to your home and calling you asking about you male. You will be the one responsible to get their female bred. Most males get the job done some you need to help a bit. You will be responsible for that persons female that nothing happens to hurt her. You would be breeding 2-3 times to make sure she settles. You would have to look at that person's female to make sure she is quality, healthy and would cross nicely with your male so you would end up with a quality pup.( not just some person's dog they think is perfect) Females that have been bred before can have STD's that your male could get. You would need proof that she is negative for Brucellosis. If she is a first time female they can get scared when the tie happens and nip at the male or you, try to run and drag the male etc. You will want to see the females AKC papers and have to make a contract. Once a males hormones get going they do mark. After you use them as a stud they REALLY MARK. Many times neutering a stud dog stops the marking but in some they still mark. I think it will be a huge hassle trying to find a person with a healthy quality female for you to breed as you male is not known and you have never bred a dog. If you put a ad in the paper be prepared for some possible strange people. If it were me I would neuter before the hormones get going and buy a female. It's way easier!
jeanief is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!