View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
OmahaYorkMom
Yorkie Talker

Question Potty training little boys...

Is it just me, or is potty training little boy's harder than normal? I mean, he's roughly 4 months old and he has no problem going in the kitchen (not good) but for whatever reason, will not go outside. I've been repetious and persistent where I take him every time we go outside, I've even placed his leavings there so there's a signal for him but to no avail. He just sits or smells around, never uses the restroom. I also have heard that some Yorkies take anywhere froom 6-9 months to be potty trained and I'm not sure I can handle that long (lol). I mean, I'm willing to try/do anything to get the censor in his little brain to click that grass is okay to pee on... kitchen tile, not so much.

When he does go in the kitchen, I normally do the firm "NO" and say "potty outside" and then right away take him outside to the 'spot' and again... just sits there, looks at me and gives that 'are we done yet?' look.

From previous puppy raising, they used to say you smoosh thier nose in it and say "NO" firmly, and then take them outside to the spot desginated and hope they eventually get it.

I realize the breed is extremely stubborn, yet they are intently intelligent too. Is there a way that I can perhaps 'train' him that outside is where we potty, not in mommy's kitchen? And yet keep the growing up experience a positive one.

We need your help!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!