View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
ChestersMom
YT 500 Club Member

I am now on my fourth (and most difficult) rescue. Patience and love is the key to the whole thing. Again, you will never know what this little one has been through, but with time he will come around.

You're lucky that you got him so young. I once got a 15 year old female who had obviously been a breeder in a puppy mill all her life. It took her a really long time to trust me. But, I was happy to know that at the very least, she wasn't cooped up in a cage any more, so I knew she had to be a little happier.

My newest family member, Harry, is very much a mystery. It's taken almost two months for him to let me pick him up without a lot of cajoling. When my son came to visit today, he went straight to him and didn't flinch. So, I can only assume that he likes men more than women.

Hang in there. It does get better. Do keep him on a leash and remember, lots of treats when he does something good. I pray you'll have a long, wonderful life together. I just love the rescues and will probably never have anything else.
ChestersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!