View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
livingdustmops
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member

You can guess and guess and guess but you will never know the true history of your little guy. Having been involved with yorkie rescue and keeping the worse of the worse (biters, crippled & old) I can tell you with time and a great deal of patience he will come around. He is frightened, scared and probably doesn't trust people a great deal. If he is only 1 years old and he is already on his 3rd home that you know about, he has reason not to trust. My gang came in kicked, starved, mistreated on all levels and even though they are a strange group they have all become very loving.

How long have you had him?

I would also advise you to not let him out loose (put a harness on him) until you build a stronger bond with him. It will be in his nature to run as humans have caused him to fear. When it comes to meeting new people do not push him. If he was beaten then his first reaction is to snap at people. I never let people pet mine until they have been around them for awhile.

Low quality can mean a lot of things and he could have come from a backyard breeder. Someone who is just putting 2 dogs together. I am guessing the vet determined this from this teeth, legs and topline.

My experience with my rescues is that they will never forget the harm done to them but they have forgiven. Dogs that come through these trama's will adjust but you have to be gentle and to always remember something happened to them. They will not be the same as dogs who grew up in loving situations. Let him give you the lead on what he will accept or not. Given time he will adjust to your loving environment.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!