View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Scooter's Mama
Yorkie Talker

Default Some questions about a yorkie that I found....

Last week I adopted a male yorkie that this lady in my area said had wondered up to her house about two months ago.

I have two other yorkies and he gets along well with them, other than when my 8 month old tries to play rough with him. He is only 5 and a half pounds to their 8 pounds.

I took him to the vet last week and they estimated him to be about a year old. They also called him a "low quality" yorkie. What exactly do they mean by low quality? Puppy mill product?

Also, he has a baaaad problem with snapping at people until he gets to know them. My brother and dad try to pet him and he growls ans pees everywhere.

Then, when you let him outside to go potty he tries to RUN AWAY!!! I just spent ten minutes coaxing him back up the driveway. I don't have any of these problems with my other two yorkies so I am a little confused at what this little guy's history might have been like. I am wondering if he might have been a victim of serious neglect and abuse? Do you think he will get better with a little TLC, since he is so young or do you think this might be a long term issue that has permanantly scarred him?

Any of your inputs would be helpful!
Scooter's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!