View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Why is this dog always seem sick...I am tired or worrying!

I have 3 little ones as Ive posted before...Cinammon is the only purebred yorkie, the other is a maltese and a mix. All little about the same size. I inherited Cinammon from my son and his gf who couldnt care for her. I love her so much but she is seemingly so frail. I have never had to take my other two to the emergency vet...luckily there is one 5 minutes from me. All they have had is regular vet visits, maybe a couple of minor illnesses, but the Yorkie seems to get diarrhea and vomiting every couple weeks from one thing or another...I never really know what it is from. The other dogs are never sick when she is and all eat the same food. She also dehydrates so easily and of course it always happens in the evening or weekends, thus the emergency vet. I have taken her in once with those darn inverse sneezes (scared me to death), once a bad allergic reaction and rash, and twice for vomiting and diarrhea. They never really know what is wrong with her, they usuallly do a blood test or xray and give some medicine to take home...and she is usually herself in a couple of days. I have spend alot of money which I cant afford. (regular vet visits yes, but not $150 for a gastrointestinal upset.

I dont know is I over react,though I never did it with the others, or if something else is wrong with her. I am going to make an appointment with the regular vet this week to discuss this. And, of course, the reason I am posting this is she seems sick again today...not eating, she is drinking, but doesnt seem to be herself, though she was able to take her regular walk and perked up when my son (her former owner who she adores) came over. I do not want to spend Sunday night at the vet but she just is not herself. I guess dogs can have stomach aches though and it is not always serious, right. She only had one episode of loose stool (not diarrhea) and two small vomits...but as I said she is not eating anything.
Anyone have any idea what it could be...Do you think I am over reacting? I can take it if you think so. Do any of you have babies that seem more delicate like this one?
Laura
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!