View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Welcome to YT! and as Yorkieluv said PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! DO NOT BUY FROM A PET STORE!! If you could see the horrible conditions these animals live in you would certainly not support them...

I have a co-worker who's wife bought a mini daschaund just 2 weeks ago. I asked my co-worker where she bought him..So happens she bought him from a pet store that I reported to the MSPCA about 9 months ago. It was the most discusting, smelly place I had ever been in..( I NEVER go into pet stores that sell puppies and kittens..I was looking for a specific dematting comb and couldn't find it in any other stores so I broke down and went into this pet store) I thought some of the puppies were dead! They never even lifted their heads when I went to see them...even calling them they wouldn't get up..If it wasn't for the fact that I could see them breathing I would have thought they were dead. They didn't have food or water and the ONE dish that did have food in it had barely any food in it and there was shredded paper in it. The pup that was eating the food was also eating the shredded paper. I just couldn't believe that they allowed these poor little things to live like this... and NO WATER!!! I did say something to the sales person and she didn't even seem to care...I came home and called MSPCA right away...AND!.....the dirt bag woman that owns this pet store owned a different one a few years before and was closed down by the board of health because of the condition of her pet store...All she did was open up under and different name.

(Sorry...I got a little carried away! Back to the pet store puppy)

When they brought this little guy home they noticed he was having some potty issues....She brought him to the vets to find out the poor little thing had a UTI, and an ear infection...a few days later he started with a horrible cough....YUP! he's got kennel cough too!
Like everyone else...I feel so bad for these little babies that I wish I could take them all...they need loving homes as well but, some of them are so sick and some never make it out of the crates...alive...some come with parvo, worms, etc.....Not to mention the conditions the parents live in...and how they are bred to the point where they just can't anymore..Do a search on puppymills....this will certainly change your mind. OH! and these pet stores will tell you that they DO NOT buy from puppymills....NO reputable breeder would bring their puppies to a pet store and leave them there.

I'm sorry If I sound harsh in anyway....and I don't mean to..it's just that I HATE puppymills and how those poor animals are kept.

Good Luck in your search.

Last edited by BLowry; 07-29-2007 at 08:25 AM.
BLowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!