Thread: Diabetes
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #6
mitchell
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default diabetes?

Sorry, it's my fault I haven't made our situation very clear. Living in London, England it's extremely expensive to visit a veterinary surgery these days. Because vets charge so much over here alot of pet owners are not getting new pets when the old ones pass on and so vets are making money in other ways it would appear, like promoting certain brands of pet food and pet insurers etc which really sucks as they should all be neutral to those opinions. As it stands, when I take my dog for a check up these days, he gets everything done to him whether he needs it or not and it's SO obvious to us that the vet is just making his money one way or another. So the reason I asked whether I could get hold of the "test strips" was to save my dog the visits to the vets he doesn't need. For all I know he doesn't have Diabetes and has never been diagnosed as having it but I wanted to give him a test as he is getting older,it seems easy enough. If I took him along to the vet for a test he would be taken in for the day and subjected to an assortment of tests he probably doesn't need. For example, he got a mild eye infection which the vet insisted on a swab sample being sent away and then another before agreeing that the ointment he first prescribed would do the job. I had four consultations aswell so it all adds up. I hear this all the time from people I know. This is why I enquired about testing his urine.
mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!