Thread: Oops...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #5
SweetPea53
~Izzie~ My Lil' Sweetie
Donating Member

Omg Ohhh does this bring back memories

I'm sorry I don't mean to laugh but this brought back memories of when I was just out of high school in cosmetology school . I decided to try out my skills on my moms poodle...well needless to say...when I was using the clippers and the comb came off and I ended up with a bald strip all the way down her back. My mom was having a huge party that evening with alot of big wigs (stars) from the motion picture industry...so I needed to figure out a way to get this bald spot covered up as quickly as possible or else face the rath of anger from my mom.....(now mind you I was 17/18 at the time)..... So let's see what will work !!!!! Let's try glueing the hair back on her back..... Nope, didn't work...kept falling off....then tried a mixture of flour/water to make a paste....well that didn't work either...I was now panicking....it was getting close to party time and my mom and the caterers and the guests were due at anytime....ohhhhh I knew what to do !!!!!! lets try a mixture of brown/black shoe polish to match the dogs color... that will surely cover up the bald strip and won't come off...and if I'm lucky no one will notice.....so that is what I tried....(ya know, looking back now....17/18 year olds aren't as smart as they think) well the shoe polish did stay on...but my mom sure did notice...I won't even go into what I went through once she found out....needless to say I made it through beauty school, got my license to do hair and then decided to go into the field of education....36 years later....I have clippers again, but much more cautious about using them
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!