View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #14
OLIVIA_KARHIS
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

oooo this is another I am going to have to try!

y'all are making me hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdysMom View Post
I make a mexican dish with hamburger.

Brown a pound of hamb with a chopped up onion. Add a can of tomatoe paste and a can of chunky tomatoes (adjust the moisture so that it is not too runny). Then add whatever mexican seasoning you like - maybe some salsa, cumin, or chili pepper, etc (taco seasoning would work also). You can also add a can of green chilies.

Soften corn tortillas by putting them in a paper towel in the microwave with a cup of water in there also - for about 10 sec. Or you can heat a can of chicken broth in a pan a little larger around than the tortillas, to almost boiling and put the corn tortillas (one at a time) in for about 5 secs. Or if you are in a fat mood (and of course, this tastes best), heat some oil and put the corn tortillas in one at a time for about 5 sec (then drain on paper towels - I stack them with a paper towel between each tortilla)

Then, on a plate, in layers:
tortilla
ground beef mix
cheese
tortilla
ground beef
cheese
You can make it 2 layers, 3 layers or 4 layers, whatever you want.

Then, I put the plate in the microwave a few seconds to melt the cheese on top (the middle cheese gets melted by the hot meat). Last, I surround the layered tortillas with lettuce and tomatos - it makes a really pretty dish and is VERY VERY good!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!