Thread: Hurray!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
kodibear
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Hurray!

For those of you who read that we adopted Tyler last week, it has been an interesting week! When we first brought him home, he was scared to death of toys. He would actually run away and cower in the other room - whether the toy squeaked or not. We could put his favorite treats in a kong and he would just look at us like, "what'd you do that for?" with sad little puppy eyes. Well, slowly he's progressed to just ignoring toys and licking the peanut butter off the top of the kong and leaving the treats inside. But the other day, I got him out of his crate and his kong was empty! He's successfully emptied his kong 3 nights in a row (now, bear in mind, 'stuffing' is still sticking a slice of cheese in with a dab of peanut butter on top, so it's not really much of a chore)

But TODAY, I shook a stuffed cat in front of him (one that previously made him run for cover if he spotted it anywhere in the room) and he went WILD! Now, don't get me wrong, I would have been fine if he never got used to the idea of playing with toys, but I'm just so happy that he's finally starting to feel comfortable around here!

There have been some other transformations that have been less desirable, he's gone from cowering when we approach a stranger on the sidewalk to growling and baring his teeth. He was even growling at my grandma yesterday (good dog! )

If we just get him a little more socialized, I'd say we have the perfect dog!
kodibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!