Thread: chewing her paw
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 03:42 AM   #10
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
Hey Suzy! thanks so much! small problem with my vet is he wil want her on meds... and i don't want to do that until i've tried this first, so i hesitate to call him just yet... he is old school and i'm just not.. lol... it is the bubble gum flavour.. lol. but you should have seen her face when i squirted it in her mouth... lol.. she seemed fine after.. i'll give her more in the morning.. i got my dosage off of here... and it seemed to be the concensus that it was 1 ml per 5 lbs and i gave her a little less anyways.. lol.. i was nervous! i have a feeling a bug got her.. i just can't find the bite! i hope it goes away soon my poor girl
Ugh-didn't know you had a "meds vet". That's no fun! Our vet had us try the Benadryl first, and then only when her allergies got really bad one week last summer, she gave Emma some meds for a week. That cleared it up, and actually we haven't given anything since. I think that 1mL: 5 lb ratio sounds right for a starting point-I'm sure my vet upped Emma's amount since she was allergic and miserable when she needed it. Glad to hear you're using the dye-free bubble gum kind-you never can be too sure with allergies! I can just imaging Layla's expression after squirting that stuff in her mouth-haha! Emma doesn't really like it either, but it HAS to be better than the gross fake cherry kind! Whatever it is-bug bite, yeast, grass allergy, or seasonal allergies, know that you're doing the best thing for her by relieving the itch with Benadryl. If she doesn't get better by Monday, I'd give your vet a call just to see if he wants you to bring her in, or possibly up the Benadryl dosage for a few days. Good Luck! Emma and Milli send kisses to Layla, and hope she gets better soon!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!