View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #8
AngEngland
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgurl06 View Post
a couple in caddo, OK an no i wouldnt refer her to anyone else on here! but there are 2 ladies on here that would probably vouch for me on that one! I found out a bunch of stuff once i bought the puppy,
:-( Probably the same woman who provided a stud for my friend.

Get this - the lady I work with, "C", has a gorgeous AKC registered yorkie. She's 2 years old now. A year and a half ago my friend sold this gal an AKC registered stud becuase she didn't have the time/energy to devote to him or to breeding at that time.

Now she calls the woman and they make an arrangement for Rusty to come stand stud for her girl. They meet at the vets, etc - open up the crate and out pops this OTHER dog. NOT Rusty (the stud C had sold the breeder the year before). C says "This isn't Rusty!" and is told "well this dog is a better producer" blah, blah, blah. And C didn't know any better - this was her first time to breed her dog, etc. Here's her girl in full heat, at the vet's office, ready to go. So she went ahead with the breeding.

NOW - puppies are here - 4 weeks old almost and C is trying to track down the registry information to send in to AKC. Come to find out the stud this woman brought was NOT AKC AT ALL!!!! Yikes! It's a CAC or ACA or something like that.

C is now in the position of 1-not having AKC eligible pups that she thought she would have so can't follow through the lead on a potential show home in Nevada to purchase one or two of the dogs. 2-has to go through the expense and trouble of registering her female with ACA just in order to have some kind of papers on the puppies.

She is SO furious!!

I told her she shouldn't give the woman pick of liter since the puppies aren't the quality she thought she was going to get. The vet told her to just pay half the price of the puppies as a stud fee and tell the woman to go ____ herself. Since SHE was in default her end of the contract. :-( So horrible.

Well - bummer. I was hoping to find a good, responsible person close by. Caddo is VERY close.

Angela <><

Last edited by AngEngland; 07-27-2007 at 09:39 PM.
AngEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!