View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #28
Ashantay
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Bandito

Bandito was my pekanese, pug cross breed. I rescued him from an abusive family when he was about 4 months old and he was about 8 years old when I had to have him put down. I loved my dog to bits and took him everywhere with me. We crossed the US and Canada more times then I can count by plane and by car. I would have given my life to save his if anyone had tried to harm him. He was a very good dog accept due to the problems he had when he was so young he was afraid of people. I tried to socialize him as much as I could for years even went to the vets and sat there while people walked in and out and had a trainer help me with him. As he got older though his temperment got worse until one day he bit my nieces friend in the leg. He jumped up to bite her all she did was walk up to my grandmothers car. I will probably sound horrid for this but I took him and had him put down because of it. It was the single most hardest decision I have ever made and even harder actually allowing them to put him to sleep. I still cry for him and it has been nearly four years. I miss him more then anything, but if I had it to do all over again I would make the same choice No dog attack should be tolerated I learned this because I had a shepard mix who attacked a little girl when she jumped on his back. Eighteen stitches in her head to close the wound docters at the hospital insisted it was an accident, next attack was a little boy who needed his ear reattached after the dog bit it off, police and docters said it was self defense, his third and final attack was on my nephew, I was in the room with him and watching thankfully, my nephew walked past him to go to the kitchen and my dog lunged at him and caught his face, had I not been there he would have done some serious damage but I was able to stop him before he got a grip. My nephew was only 3 and he does not remember the attack now thankfully but that is when I decided if I EVER had another dog and he bit someone there would be no excuses. There are NO excuses for a dog to bite.
Ashantay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!