View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #13
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Everyone had great ideas, but thought I would jump in too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy in Waco View Post
I don't ship things very often, so I wondered if anyone would answer a couple of questions for me....

1. Shipping: I know we're supposed to ship w/tracking and confirmation, but what company would be the safest/most economical, etc... (I remember that at least Jenn298 can't receive FedEx where she lives but don't know about anyone else) What about insurance? I'm assuming it's a good idea. What about having someone sign upon receipt?
I always ship Priority Mail, just because anymore, it is almost the same price as Parcel Post...I never use FedEx () or UPS, just because it seems easier for me to go to the post office.

I believe that Admin has made it a rule to insure the packages, I think there had been problems in the past. It is about $1.35 or so to put insurance on the package.

I think I have only done delivery confirmation once...I don't know if it is needed or not?!

2. Packing: Any packing tips? Someone posted during another GE that their gift came wrapped in piddle pads. What about about bubble wrap? Tissue paper? Should we worry about certain packing materials? Is it a good idea to wrap the present for the mom separately from the gifts for the yorkie? Should we take off the little labels that are attached for safety or will the moms want to read those?
I think pee-pads are a GREAT idea for packing...dang, I never even thought of that.....the cheap little pee-pads come in handy (car trips, travel to someone elses house, etc.

I believe it was the last GE that I had a bag just for the mom. This time, I am more than likely doing the same thing. I wrap things in tissue paper (in the colors that the buddy likes) also. I also make sure to have a card with where things came from...like clothing, bows, etc. - I don't know why, just in case, I guess.

3. Decoration: Is a box that is decorated in a cute way appreciated or a waste of time? Is it expected or will someone think I'm weird. (Okay, yes I'm weird! LOL)

Oh....I ALWAYS decorate the box...I don't think I did the first few GE's, but I do now...it is fun!

You do what you want to do...it is yours to have fun with! I personally love all the little extra details. I always take pictures of all of our stuff from our GE buddies....the package when it arrives, how things are wrapped, etc. I wish others would do that too because I know I have spent lots of time on that stuff and it was never mentioned or shown...but that is okay!!!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!