View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
MommaLovesBette
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Disliked Yorkie AND a Timid Yorkie

So I've been bringing Bette out lately on walks. Her and I normally take trips twice a day, around the block twice and then home again. Twise because sometimes she stands in the screendoor crying to play.

Anyway, so, you never really understand how MANY dogs there are in your neighborhood until you have a dog. I'm a crazy mommy, I want to see Bette playing, it's cute, but I'm always worried sick when we see another dog, thinking when they're one inch away from one another sniffing, he'll snap at her andbite her muzzle. But, that hasn't happened. Bette was ALWAYS very good with other dogs, as I saw when I picked her up from the broker. Anyway, she's nice. Most boy dogs, although she hasn't gone into her first heat yet are very interested in her. This one boy Shiz-Tzu [sp?] was pulling his owner halfway dog the block back to her, while she just walked off with ehr little Yorkie butt sway, all aloof.

Sorry! Once I start talking about my babies it is hard to stop! So, today, I dunno what was with the air but ALL the dog we saw barked at Bette, we saw a bunch, maybe three of four, and they were barking at her.

And this is my first Yorkie, but I've read so much since I thought about getting one, and aren't they supposed to be fearless, terrier, oblivious to their size, strong-willed. The only time Bette is strong willed is with me, otherwise when we get outside, she's SO scared of other dogs. This one lady was holding a little poodle that started to yap at us and we were crossing the street and Bette would not budge! She was all hiding behind me and crawling up my pant leg.

Does she get that terrier quality? I don't want her to feel picked on, if that is possible. I don't want her to think we are her only friends. Will she stand up for herself or is she a timid yorkie?
MommaLovesBette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!