View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #67
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

i have all of mine in places where they can be shown off if i want to, and hidden when they need to be (foot, lower back, between shoulder blades, hip) and i am so glad I did that. I have found myself in situations where i was going to a very nice dinner and wanted to dress up. some of my dresses and shirts showed my tattoo between my shoulder blades, and I was scrambling to find a dress up shirt that hid the tattoo. I just didn't want it flashing out because it was a very fancy restaurant and I was going to be with my investors, who actually despise tattoo's. so I thought it was a time that it should be covered. IMO if you get it on your arm, it will more than likely cause you some of the same grief...at a time when you least expect it. but...then again...if it is not a BIG tattoo, you should be able to cover it easily. depending on the size of the tat...it may be hard to find short sleeved shirts that cover it completely. i know a lot of the styles these days are "capped sleeves" and such.

I am a big believer in "if it means a lot to you...who cares what others think". I got the tat WHERE I wanted and WHAT I wanted...but out of respect for others,..and to keep my tat from being topic of conversation (in a negative way) i chose to cover it at that time. but i didn't let anyone tell me NOT to get it where I wanted. So go with your heart... but def. be sure you know what you are getting into.

I have heard that on the upper arm is one of the least painful places to get it out of the 4 I have..my hip was the least painful for me. foot was the most painful.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!