View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
Cheri
Yorkie Yakker

Default Bowel Problems - Don't Know What To Do....

My Maggie, 11 weeks old tomorrow, has been to the vet off and on for 3 weeks since I got her. She is constantly walking around "hunched" in "poop mode" but not much comes out at time. It is of a soft consistency, not diarrhea, but soft so constipation has been ruled out a long time ago. She seems ok for several hours after the vet gives her an enema then we start all over again. She has no other symptoms. She eats well and will play until she gets miserable from needing to poop and can't. The first xray the vet did a week ago revealed that she had poop inside of her that was not coming out. He did enema and thought everything was great until the next day. Then on Monday I took her back because she seemed miserable again. He did a G.I. and showed me yesterday that there is no blockage and everything looks fine. He told me to go back to giving her moist food and less food for a while, also laxative once a day. She was happy and playful last night. This morning it starts all over again. She can't seem to get it all out. This has been so frustrating because I don't know what to do anymore. She was bought by a girl I work with from a breeder much too young, at 5 1/2 weeks. I then bought her because the girl's little boy seemed to young to understand he needed to be gentle with her. The enemas seem to work but only until she eats a couple of times. The vet seems perplexed by her condition, especially since the g.i. showed no problem. Has anyone ever dealt with this? By the way, she is completely free from Coccadia now, according to the vet. She was treated for 2 weeks for this.

I will post her pic soon. Still waiting on someone to show me how to load on my computer.

Last edited by Cheri; 07-26-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!