View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 05:41 AM   #4
YORKIEMOM2B2006
Owned by 3 furbabies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy in Waco View Post
I don't ship things very often, so I wondered if anyone would answer a couple of questions for me....

1. Shipping: I know we're supposed to ship w/tracking and confirmation, but what company would be the safest/most economical, etc... (I remember that at least Jenn298 can't receive FedEx where she lives but don't know about anyone else) What about insurance? I'm assuming it's a good idea. What about having someone sign upon receipt?

2. Packing: Any packing tips? Someone posted during another GE that their gift came wrapped in piddle pads. What about about bubble wrap? Tissue paper? Should we worry about certain packing materials? Is it a good idea to wrap the present for the mom separately from the gifts for the yorkie? Should we take off the little labels that are attached for safety or will the moms want to read those?

3. Decoration: Is a box that is decorated in a cute way appreciated or a waste of time? Is it expected or will someone think I'm weird. (Okay, yes I'm weird! LOL)

here is what the rules say on shiping: so delivery confirmation and insurance is needed

. Tracking Numbers / Confirmation Numbers / Insurance - Please insure your package and get a tracking number (or delivery confirmation with the US Postal Service). This is a requirement. It will let us know where your package is and the status of it so your buddy can also be updated. You must use a shipping service that either has a tracking number or delivery confirmation number (either US Postal Service, UPS, or Fedex). The shipping services DO lose packages and it would be a shame if your secret buddy did not get the package due to no fault of your own. We have had an average of two lost packages per gift exchange thus far. Insurance has come in very handy in several cases already.

Packing.....I had thought of wrapping in pee pads since all mine do is chew them up lol but I didnt know if they would still use them all wrinkled up??

as for decorating the box, Go for it!! I bought a few things to decorate mine once its taped shut, so I say go for it.
I left the tags on mine..but it is up to you.

Last edited by YORKIEMOM2B2006; 07-26-2007 at 05:44 AM.
YORKIEMOM2B2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!