View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
RosieRomeosmom
Yorkie Yakker

Default Looking for two Maltese dogs named DoodleBug and Disney

I am here in my last attempt to search for my two babies that I was required to re-home several years ago, and am still heartbroken over their loss.

Approximately four years ago I was living in an apartment that I had just signed a lease on and had two adorable babies, Disney and DoodleBug, both Maltese. Disney was a perfect little angel, however, because he had a habit of barking while I was at work, my neighbor complained and the apt manager started giving me a LOT of trouble. I was explaining the situation to a woman at my church, who said that her daughter and husband lived within blocks of me and would love to take him in. I met them and they seemed like wonderful people. I heartbrokenly allowed them to take Disney on the condition that they MUST stay in touch and I would be able to visit him. They agreed and we exchanged phone numbers.

When attempting to contact her about a week later, I discovered the phone number she gave me did not work. When I approached the woman at church about what happened, she said "Oh, it didn't work out and they sold him to a friend of theirs, but I hear he is perfectly happy and doing well". I was DEVESTATED!!!!! Words cannot describe the loss I felt. I have not heard from them or seen my Disney to this day - 4 years later. The last I heard they were living in the Grand Rapids, MI area.

During this time I was engaged and we married about one month after this occured. My little baby DoodleBug was always a little... special. (I rescued her from neglect at 10 weeks of age). She was devoted to both me and my nephew (who I raised), however, had zero tolerance for men. When my husband moved into my apartment, it became a war zone. DoodleBug started off by going potty all over the entire house. She then became very neurotic and vicious - attacking him at every possiblity (drawing blood on several occaisions). When she was home she lived under the couch and started losing weight. It was to the point where I was taking her to work with me and leaving her in the car, spending my lunch hours with her. (My husband worked 2nd shift and she would literally go bizarre if she were left home alone with him). After about six months of this (and approaching winter), I was up against the wall, and having problems in my marriage. (I was so much younger and niave then). My husband gave me the ultimatum that I either find her a home or he was leaving me.

A woman in the apartment complex was a retiring, and she and her husband were buying a condo. She was someone who I trusted, and so knowing my situation, offered to take DoodleBug in. Not long after that she said that she gave DoodleBug to her son and family in Kalamazoo, MI, because they could not handle her (she absolutely hated men.). I stayed in touch with this family until I noticed they started not answering the phone when I would call. Finally their teenager answered the phone and said that her parents sold DoodleBug to a retired woman in the Florida area, and that is the last I have heard of DoodleBug. My husband will attest that I became so depressed at her loss, I literally spent a week in bed. They were my babies, and while I say I do not have many regrets in life - I have always regretted losing them.

So, while this is a long shot (and a long email!), because it still brings me to tears when I think of my babies out there somewhere, I am hoping against hope that someone may know of their whereabouts. I just need to know they are safe and well taken care of.

Thanks to all who are reading this... while I love my Rosie and Romeo, I am feeling the loss of my other two babies out there....
RosieRomeosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!