View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Gabe's Momma
Yorkie Talker

My step-sister got a Puggle puppy the same time I got my Yorkie puppy and her Puggle is one month older. As tiny puppies they played well together and they still play well together. Sometimes her Puggle gets a little rough and since they are both still puppies (10 and 11 months) they are very hyper when they play and with my Yorkie being the whopping 6 pounds that he is compared to her 35 pound Puggle I get a little nervous.(And her puppy is so large and still a puppy so she is pretty clumsy so she fall's a lot on my puppy)

I think it depends on a couple things:
1. Most importantly their personalities (levels of aggressiveness)
2. The size difference (her puggle was "supposed" to stay below 20lbs, as the mother was the heaviest at 20lbs, but its already 35 at 11 months)
3. The ages of both dogs

We don't live together, but if we did i'm sure they would eventually settle down when together, but for now they constantly play and I usually feel uneasy unless i'm watching them.

My other sibling also got a puppy at the same time we got both of ours and he got a Boston who is also currently 11 months. Their dog is much calmer and a little more passive, so she plays a little better with my puppy.

Sorry this was long and rambling! I think what i'm trying to say is it depends on the personalities of both dogs!! Would I feel comfortable buying a puggle with my yorkie?? YES.

Good luck! I hope this helped you out a little!
Gabe's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!