Thread: DNA test?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
OpheliaLoved
YT Addict

Default DNA test?

I am putting this in the breeder section, because I thought that you guys would know best. I suspect that my sweet angel is either Chorkie or a Dorkie... either that or he is one ugly yorkie (I love him just the same, he just looks odd LOL He is my Funny Face ) I am worried about health problems, because I know that different breeds are prone to different things, and I know that different mixes are prone to different things. I want to know what I should watch for in the ways of health and behavior. I also have to say, I'm a little anxious about what he'll be when he grows up- I reeeeally wanted a yorkie with that gorgeous silky coat. I love my dog, but don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed in the future if his coat won't grow.

So my question is, is there a DNA test that I could have my vet do to tell me what breeds are in my precious? If there is, is it expensive? Will it hurt my dog??? The older he gets, the more yorkie he gets... but I've had people ask me at different times if he is a chorkie. I didn't know very much about the breed when I bought him; it's my fault for not educating myself before someone lied to me and I fell for it.
-O
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!