View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Congrats on your new baby! At first, keep her on the same food the breeder has her on. You can then gradually change her over to something else if you want, depending on the quality and availability of what the breeder is feeding. My breeder fed a kibble that was only available mail order and was very expensive. I slowly switched Gracie over to a quality canned puppy food. It was some time before she would eat dry food. If the breeder sends baby home with supplemental formula/puppy milk, consult your vet. You will want to wean her off soon. Just watch to make sure she eats enough. At first she won't want to eat so have some Nutrical or puppy Nutrical on hand and supplement her several times a day if she is not eating. The best thing you can do is get hooked up with a good vet, someone you can call with questions. Trust me you will have lots of them if this is your first puppy. I'm not too good with names, but what about Prada 'n Joy? (aka Pride and Joy). Have fun with your baby girl. They grow up so very fast!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!