View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 01:07 PM   #1
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Default Have the breeder's out there experienced this??

I have a question to any breeder's who post on this site....Schatzie my 8 month old has recently been diagnosed with Legges Perthes Disease. I informed my breeder of this and she had never heard of such disease before.

I have a close friend who is an experienced breeder and in all her years of breeding so far she has only had one pup diagnosed with the disease.

I am just curious if other breeder's out there are familiar with this disease and deal with it as commonly as let's say "Luxating Patella". I do know this is a small breed issue.

My vet confirmed that this is also a hereditary disease yet I see breeder contracts out there that suggest no such guarantee over joint problems.

Please understand, I am not taking recourse in any matter towards my breeder. I am only trying to find out all I can about this disease and see if this is wide spread around the states. The two breeder's I mentioned above live in Oklahoma. We are keeping our Schatzie and having surgery done on her and she will be fine. But I know if I can learn all I can now about this disease it might help in future Yorkie pups down the road (many many years hopefully down the road) that I plan on buying. I was mainly just curious on the dealings that other breeder's might have had with all this. Thanks!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!